The company is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry. They also supply patented transportation technology to the U.S. Military.
This large, closely-held, private company was operating on a number of decentralized, tape-based systems for all of their server backups, and they recognized the need to protect their laptops and desktops. Their tape-based infrastructure made it difficult and time consuming to monitor and manage backup of all of their systems, and put the company at risk because of its dated methodology for disaster recovery.
Additional challenges involved the need to manage data globally, and the company wanted a solution that could simplify and securely back up all of their data in more than one location. They also needed to meet U.S. State Department ITAR compliance.
The solution allowed for all of the company’s data to land both at a company location as well as at an OnX managed hosting data center in the U.S.
The company needed a comprehensive backup and restore solution enabling them to:
- Consolidate and simplify backup of all of the company’s servers
- Protect data across all systems including laptops and desktops
- Proactively monitor and manage systems from a central location
- Provide disaster recovery capabilities from data backed up at two locations
- Ensure solutions were U.S. State Department ITAR compliant
- Deploy a global, tapeless backup-as-a-service solution to be 24-hour alert monitored and managed by OnX team using CommVault Simpana 10 for centralized backup and burstable disaster recovery capabilities
- Ensure the solution and services are provided at a secure OnX location, with data landing both there and at a company site for redundancy and high availability
- Design a solution that complies with stringent IT Security standards required by U.S. ITAR / State Department /Homeland Security
- Deployed a global, tapeless backup-as-a-service solution for servers, laptops and desktop systems
- Implemented a dual data center high availability solution
- Provided monitoring and management services from local OnX location
- Implemented CommVault Simpana 10 software with burstable DR capabilities
- All of the company’s data will now land at both a company location and an OnX managed hosting data center
- A new consolidated and simplified server system will ensure a more secure data transport method
- Faster and more reliable data transfer all within U.S. State Department ITAR compliance