As your organization evolves in the digital era, the data and traffic employees generate will inevitably surpass the capabilities of the traditional network architecture you’ve built over the years. Although your existing WAN has served the enterprise well, with today’s increased network traffic and exponential growth in data, traditional WAN architecture has become overly complex and requires expensive bandwidth to function well. To address these limitations, IT leaders often look to the cloud, where they can scale and manage network resources easily.
Depending on the cloud network configuration, however, users can still experience lag and poor communications quality, especially if traffic routes through several data centers before reaching its final destination. Also, public internet transport systems treat data and voice packets the same way and cannot prioritize traffic to alleviate congestion and address packet loss. One final hurdle IT teams need to overcome involves the ever-increasing bandwidth required to run today’s productivity and collaboration apps, which can further degrade user experiences across a network.
IT leaders who are working to solve the most common problems affecting modern networks increasingly turn to SD-WAN technology to connect company headquarters with branch offices and locations both locally and around the world. SD-WAN is proven to provide better performance and increased control over conventional WAN technology. Moreover, SD-WAN is designed specifically to handle today’s cloud-based apps, providing greater network efficiency and giving CIOs the flexibility and scalability they need to manage massive traffic growth.
With SD-WAN in place, IT staff can orchestrate traffic automatically, deploy and update applications faster, and deliver exceptional user experience while bringing down costs.
By working with a proven SD-WAN provider like OnX Canada, your organization can avoid challenges often encountered during cloud migration through a strategic approach to implementation designed to:
- Optimize the cloud, Internet, and network environment to boost performance.
- Configure the SD-WAN solution to maximize existing hardware or, upon engineer recommendation, implement as a standalone MPLS or hybrid WAN replacement.
- Deliver managed services to free in-house IT staff to focus on core business initiatives.
SD-WAN eliminates common networking concerns
SD-WAN addresses our clients’ most common networking issues by providing a centralized network customized for their business needs. By assigning policies to control and direct WAN traffic, clients can optimize their cloud environment to improve performance, increase security, and provide better visibility—all while lowering bandwidth costs.
OnX SD-WAN experts can help your IT staff:
- Target performance issues when latency, distributed data sources, applications, and access to systems across locations, devices, and geographies all come into play.
- Maximize performance for next-generation business applications.
- Leverage enhanced real-time operations to innovate and transform business outcomes.
- Eliminate the need for costly IT infrastructure capital investment.
- Break free from excessive expenses traditionally associated with integrating and managing cutting-edge technology.
Why choose SD-WAN as a Managed Service
The ease of deployment and cost advantages of SD-WAN makes it an ideal choice for fully managed cloud-based services, even at the enterprise level. When you work with OnX as your managed SD-WAN provider, you can offload a significant volume of networking tasks to certified experts who understand how to maximize network performance across all locations and users.
OnX technology architects and engineers have decades of experience with data centers, networking technologies, and enterprise-level IT challenges. With enterprises embracing big data, machine learning, and advanced analytics, a fully managed SD-WAN solution allows your IT staff to focus on the initiatives that will give your company a competitive edge.
When choosing an SD-WAN provider, keep the following considerations in mind:
The provider should:
- Assess your existing network and develop a custom plan to address current and future business needs.
- Support both wired and wireless technologies, along with private and public Internet transport.
- Allow for remote provisioning and global management from one central location.
- Implement intelligent load balancing that uses available bandwidth with maximum efficiency.
- Offer 24x7x365 monitoring and provide accurate reporting on traffic and application performance along with details on SLA adherence.
- Have the ability to build sophisticated business rules and routing policies.
- Allow clients to shift between managing all or portions of the infrastructure.
- Provide access to certified engineers to handle all of your company’s digital transformation needs, including designing a cloud migration strategy to maximize the efficiency of existing hardware.
- Bring a vendor-agnostic approach to integrate the right mix of solutions to address each client’s unique needs.
- Offer a utility pricing model based on a monthly flat fee to ease budgeting and planning concerns.