The client needed a hardware refresh and faced $62,000 of equipment costs, and $20,000 in installation costs. The client’s monthly expenses included $2,850 for a PBX solution with NOC management and monitoring and $5,500 for OnX and local services. The client previously spent about $250,000 for gear, including switches and phones, some of which were nearing end-of-life status. The client needed to move to an OpEx model—as opposed to a CapEx model—and wanted to expand its use of the “as a Service” model. The client asked for a solution that would eliminate upfront costs for equipment, provide monitoring and management, and feature built-in hardware refreshes. The client also needed an IT partner that could coordinate with its third-party IT partner that provides desktop support. The client’s IT lead is also the assistant fire chief, which makes outside IT support a critical need.
- OnX recommended the client adopt NaaS to continue enjoying the benefits of a customized solution that eliminates future capital investments for expensive network equipment and is monitored and managed 24x7x365. NaaS from OnX:
- Supports the client’s existing virtual data center servers.
- Provides necessary infrastructure for additional cloud applications including the OnX Hosted UC solution–which the client adopted in conjunction with deploying NaaS.
- Includes 24x7x365 expert OnX engineering support.
- Provides the client and its third-party IT partner visibility into the servers all the way down to individual phones.
- Features a predictable monthly cost that builds hardware refreshes in the solution lifecycle.
NaaS reduced the client’s monthly networking expenditures by approximately $12,000 a year—from $9,500 a month to $8,500 a month. Hardware refreshes are part of the solution, which eliminates uncertainty around future equipment related capital expenditures. OnX is also working closely with the client’s third-party IT partner to give the client an end-to-end networking solution.