Many Canadian businesses have access to numerous data protection solution providers, but, most cloud-enabled data centers are in the greater Toronto and Quebec City areas. When it comes to disaster recovery, regional back up, and cloud services, business in the Maritime Provinces have narrow means to store and protect their data. Because of their limited choices in IT solution providers, it becomes especially critical for businesses in this region to be mindful when choosing their partnership.
OnX has been providing IT solutions to the Maritime Provinces for decades. As an industry leader, we’re sharing our advice for choosing the best cloud and data protection solution provider for your business.
Select a provider who understands your individual business needs
You want your provider to have extensive experience in both data protection, as well as familiarity with your business sector. Your organization has specific goals and regulations, and to build a long-term relationship with your provider, they will have to understand what success looks like for you and your business culture.
Store and protect your data locally
Storing your data-off site, more than 30 kilometers away from your production site is an effective way to ensure you stay protected in the event of a regional disaster. You benefit from diversifying where you store your data and will be able to recover more quickly in the case of an incident or security breach. While this is a viable option, choosing to back up your data locally has advantages as well. Storing data locally is an investment in your community, and you will experience lower latency rates, increasing the performance of your operations.
Hire a vendor you can build a relationship with
One of the biggest benefits of choosing to store and protect your data in a local data center is building a lasting partnership with the provider. Your provider is essentially an extension of your IT team. With fully managed solutions like backup, disaster recovery, and managed cloud, it’s essential to get to know the people who will be taking care of your digital data processes.
The OnX Tier III high-availability data center
- Multiple redundancies throughout the 3,500-square-foot raised facility to defend your data from unexpected incidents.
- 43 cutting-edge Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) units, working around the clock to control the temperature of each room.
- State of the art security features, 24-hour monitoring of all entry points, including a bio-scan dual factor authentication system placed at the facility entrance, along with card readers and maglocks located throughout our center to safeguard the security of your data.
- Numerous fire prevention measures, like multi-zone fire protection, Novec gas fire retardant (considered a highly “clean agent”), and a VESDA smoke detection system constantly checking the air for the first sign of atmospheric change.
- Data backup and disaster recovery solutions for the Nova Scotia provincial government.
When it comes to storing and protecting your data, your organization needs a partner you can trust. Choose to partner with a provider that understands your business sector, allows for local data storage, and with whom you can build a lasting relationship. OnX is an industry leading service provider, having serviced the Maritime Provinces for the last 25 years. Our goal is to provide the region with essential data management, protection, and data services, investing in the community, and helping optimize and grow the performance of every organization in need of IT solutions.