- Dependability: As AWS provides globally dispersed availability zones, it has fewer downtime hours than the next largest cloud provider.
- Lower costs: AWS helps clients save on Microsoft Workloads compute costs through pricing models such as Spot and a full set of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances.
- Superior security: With an array of security, compliance, and governance services, AWS outweighs the capabilities of the next largest cloud provider.
- Faster performance: SQL Server on AWS consistently shows better performance when using a TPC-C-like benchmark tool as compared to other cloud providers.
This blog will elaborate on how a partner like OnX can deliver on the promise of Microsoft Workloads on AWS.
Also read: How to realize maximum benefits from migrating to the cloud
AWS offers broad and exciting capabilities
Boasting more than a decade of experience and enterprise adoption, AWS is the ideal cloud to run Microsoft Workloads.A managedOnX environment on AWS will support everything you need to modernize Windows-based applications on the cloud, bringing dependability and top-tier performance alongside a broad selection of services.
What should organizations expect when harnessing Microsoft Workloads on AWSwith OnX as a partner? Here’s a deeper dive into what OnX on AWS can bring to your ever-evolving enterprise:
Higher reliability and performance: AWS has a robust global infrastructure with 77 availability zones across 24 regions. By moving your Microsoft Workloads to AWS, your customers and stakeholders can enjoy a 98% reduction in unplanned downtime, 71% faster deployment, and 26% higher developer productivity, per figures from IDC. Additionally, AWS delivered two times better performance and 62% lower costs for an SQL Server workload when tested against the next largest cloud provider, according to Principled Technologies.
Greater security and identity services: AWS offers 230 security, compliance, and governance services and features—about five times more than the nearest industry competitor. With the AWS Nitro System—the underlying platform for EC2 instances—virtualization functions are offloaded to dedicated hardware and software, resulting in a minimized attack surface. Meanwhile, AWS Identity Services let you manage identities and permissions at scale while providing options for how you maintain your employee, partner, and customer information.
Lower TCO: Customers can accelerate growth, drive efficiencies, and realize long-term cost reductions running Windows on AWS. On the cost side, organizations can reduce five-year operational costs by 56% and infrastructure costs by 37%, according to IDC. AWS also offers customers powerful pricing models including Savings Plans—which can bring savings of up to 72% on Amazon EC2 instances—and Amazon EC2 Spot, which reduces costs by up to 90% on compute instances for fault tolerant workloads.
Also read: The Road to Successful Cloud Solutions on AWS is paved by OnX Canada
AWS Adoption process
By tasking OnX to streamline your Microsoft Workloads on AWS experience, your enterprise can ensure that the correct AWS infrastructure for your needs is put in place. OnX enhances the AWS adoption process in four ways:
- Assessment: OnX provides a detailed analysis of existing network infrastructure and business models to wholly understand the IT environment and how it supports Microsoft Workloads on AWS.
- Application Modernization: Certified AWS experts establish the most efficient and cost-effective cloud environments, including the refactoring of existing applications.
- Migration: Once design is complete, OnX engineers convert legacy applications and infrastructure, then oversee the migration to AWS.
- Management: OnX provides a fully managed Microsoft Workloads environment, a suite of services that includes ongoing operations as well as day-to-day monitoring and adjustment.
What can Microsoft Workloads on AWS do for you?
A travel-booking company with plans to migrate 80% of its mission-critical apps to the cloud is committed to AWS. The company considered other cloud providers, but chose AWS due to its global infrastructure support of Asia Pacific customers.
The client now uses AWS to develop applications, scale to process large volumes of data, and troubleshoot issues. By using AWS to build a standard deployment model, IT teams can quickly create the infrastructure for new initiatives.
Also read: 7 questions you should ask a prospective managed cloud provider
A nimble foundation for your enterprise
AWS offers a flexible, powerful, and reliable infrastructure for your Microsoft Workloads. Deploying Microsoft Workloads on EC2 enables you to increase or decrease capacity within minutes rather than hours or days. By leveraging OnX to migrate your Microsoft Workloads to AWS, you can commission one, hundreds, or thousands of server instances simultaneously, with greater reliability across globally dispersed availability zones.
Read this e-book to learn more about how OnX can assist with your Microsoft Workloads on AWS transformation.