The Guidance You Need for DR Design and Strategy
Thanks to innovations in cloud and virtualization technologies, almost any organization can develop a basic IT recovery program that can get vital operations back in action quickly after a significant incident that impacts production availability. There’s no need to rely on outdated tape drive backups or build redundant data centers that sit idle most of the time.
Yet company leaders on the verge of tackling their DR requirements face complexities as they struggle to create a Disaster Recovery program that reconciles their current IT infrastructure with all new technologies. In addition, accessing skill sets that have a lot of experience in building that bridge and implementing successful data protection programs can be hard to come by.
DR Assessments help you fully understand your current IT topology and create a roadmap for a comprehensive business continuity program.
Disaster Recovery Assessments that lead to tangible results. Our Professional Services Assessments have three key components:
- People: Creating a strategic vision and delegating roles and responsibilities with the right skill sets at the table.
- Processes: Designing a solution with policies covering application dependencies, infrastructure resource requirements, testing procedures, and maintenance and monitoring.
- Technologies: Recommending locations, cloud services, and infrastructure components (hardware and software).
How DR Assessment Services can Protect Your Business
Today’s disaster recovery technologies can save your business in the event of a critical incident. But these innovations also pose immense complications that require the guidance of seasoned DR experts. With OnX DR Assessment Services, we can:
- Develop a thorough and reliable business Disaster Recovery program custom tailored to your business and recovery objectives.
- Eliminate obsolete tape backups and develop a true DR architecture that provides rapid fail-over and recovery in case of a disaster.
- Create consistent DR practices across all business units and phase out shadow IT.
- Develop a DR strategy that meets audit requirements and compliance guidelines.
DR Assessment Services Help You:
- Map out existing topology of your IT infrastructure and applications Assess vulnerabilities in a disaster
- Create effective, compliant DR objectives
- Design a comprehensive DR solution with full documentation
- Recommend the ideal cloud architecture destination
- Leverage skill sets for ongoing support and management including testing
- x86/x64 platforms such as Windows and Linux.
- Must be at least 80% virtualized infrastructure (using VMware vSphere), with a limited number of physical servers.
DR Site Options
- Secondary client site
- OnX data center
- Third-party colocation
- Public cloud (i.e., Azure)
- Kickoff. Review scope, discuss outcome expectations, introduce key participants, and establish timelines and target completion dates.
- Discovery and inventory. Install server, application, and data-collection tools. Review current infrastructure. Interview personnel to gather requirements, constraints, risks, and assumptions. Create requirements document.
- Requirements and dependency mapping. Analyze dependencies and criticalities, determine failover sequencing, and create a dependency map document.
- Architecture Design. The iterative process analyzes design challenges and produces a design document with proposed hardware and cloud services.
- Wrap-up. Executive presentation, final documentation transfer, and project sign-off.
- Architecture Design document. Explains business and technical requirements, and reveals design information in enough detail to begin implementation stage of a DR solution. Includes the logical design of the solution and highlevel physical design.
- Excel and Visio files. Provide more details supporting the design document.