The client and their IT organization had several challenges as a result of the aging, disparate IT infrastructure.
The infrastructure offered limited opportunities to scale – a necessity in this vertical that is seeing massive consolidation – and the IT organization struggled to support the client’s existing lines of business.
The client regularly experienced downtime for critical applications, and their IT organization was spending considerable time focusing on infrastructure challenges, as opposed to value-added digital initiatives to support business outcomes and improve the quality of patient care.
The recommendation was a multi-phased approach that:
- Provided an architecture for the client’s high-performance computing (HPC) storage needs comprised of 2PB of Isilon.
- Compared and contrasted three top competitive intelligence (CI) vendor solutions that focused on consolidation, simplification, reporting, compliance, availability, and scalability.
- Proposed a CI solution based on FlexPod, along with complete Cisco FC SAN refresh and associated services.
OnX then worked with the client to implement the next phase of the project, which included:
- Addressing automation and orchestration with VMare vCloud Suite licensing and associated professional services.
- Disaster Recovery as a Service.
- Remote monitoring and management of the environment.
The OnX Infrastructure practice served as a trusted advisor to the client’s CIO, bringing the following benefits to the business:
- OnX uncovered and documented IT areas of risk to the business.
- OnX validated the CIO’s business case to executive management and supported the recommendation to invest in the infrastructure improvements.
- The subsequent improvements provided the necessary performance, scale, stability, and flexibility across the client’s multiple business lines.
- Increased bandwidth for the client’s IT organization, which can better focus on digital initiatives that support business outcomes and further improve patient care.