A public cloud managed by OnX Canada and powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework can help organizations achieve this transition while benefitting the bottom line. In a recent Magic Quadrant report, Gartner lauded AWS as a hyperscale provider boasting a portfolio of startups, SMBs, and large enterprises.
With a proven certified partner like OnX on the deployment side, IT buyers are harnessing new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) delivery models. Starting with an AWS Well-Architected Frameworksolution from OnX will optimize your cloud architecture, reduce risk, achieve cost savings, and accelerate innovation to fuel business growth.
Also read: AWS: Paving the road to digital transformation
OnX enhances the AWS Well-Architected Framework experience
With OnX as an AWS Well-Architected Frameworkexperienced partner, organizations can leverage best practices and discover untapped opportunities for cost reduction, application performance, and risk mitigation.
The OnX process consists of four essential elements designed to suit the unique needs of individual clients:
- Assessment – OnX provides a detailed analysis of a client’s existing network infrastructure and business models to understand the IT environment and how it supports workload dynamics. A staff of OnX engineers determines cloud solutions and workloads based on application demands and individual use-case scenarios.
- Design – During the design stage, certified AWS experts establish the most efficient and cost-effective cloud environments, including the refactoring of existing applications.
- Migration – Once the design phase is complete, OnX engineers convert legacy applications and infrastructure, then oversee the migration to AWS. This step ensures a secure and efficient process with minimal disruption to ongoing data operations.
- Management – OnX provides a fully managed AWS Well-Architected Framework environment: a suite of services that includes ongoing operations as well as day-to-day monitoring and adjustment. With a managed network, your internal development and operations teams can focus on developing new capabilities, tapping into new markets, and other core business objectives. In this way, IT is removed as major expenditure and becomes a value-added asset to the business.
OnX recommends a tiered approach to a managed public cloud, a method that includes:
- Foundational AWS – This architecture consists of managed infrastructure for compute and storage applications. OnX will configure, support, and maintain infrastructure along with AWS services such as security, identity, content delivery, and network compliance.
- Advanced AWS – Building out support for advanced AWS features and cloud-native services is the aim of this tier. OnX supports high-level management and governance tools including Opsworks and Trusted Advisor, as well as engagement services like Pinpoint.
- AWS PaaS DevOps – In this phase, OnX employs a next-gen platform featuring IaaS, automated deployments, and support for a broad range of applications and infrastructure. The goal here is seamless implementation for DevOps and CI/CD workflows, which allows for higher quality and faster time to market, both at initial release and during subsequent enhancements.
An improved user experience through AWS
To understand the power of an AWS Well-Architected Framework, it’s important to know the challenges enterprises face with legacy AWS environments and application configurations.
A client in the home-building industry runs a third-party line-of-business application that provides material and cost planning for new homes. The company wanted to move the application into its AWS tenant, but first needed to identify the best architecture for optimal performance.
OnX held an on-site audit to determine the cause behind slowdowns and bottlenecks negatively impacting performance. After reviewing the client’s legacy architecture, OnX designed an AWS Well-Architected Framework solution to assist in rightsizing the digital transformation.
With mission-critical corporate applications now running in a dedicated Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), the client is able to centralize and simplify end-to-end workflow demands. The new, agile architecture from OnX delivers always-on accessibility, location- and vendor-agnostic flexibility, reduced cost, and an overall improved user experience.
A framework providing leading digital capabilities
Your digital evolution is too important to take unnecessary risks. Leveraging OnX managed services with an AWS Well-Architected Framework brings industry-leading cloud capabilities to your enterprise. OnX’s world-class expertise in designing and managing advanced data architectures can help ensure a smooth digital transition for your organization.
Also read: How to realize maximum benefits from migrating to the cloud