As the U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of a global manufacturing company, this client has vast IT requirements to meet the needs of the business.
Partnering with an IT Solutions Provider like OnX has helped them navigate a variety of technology initiatives, giving them access to OnX’s expertise in data center, cloud and digital solutions.
In 2015, the company successfully embarked with OnX’s help on a major infrastructure project: Relocating one of its data centers from North Carolina to Illinois.
Since then, the company has pivoted toward digital and cloud, which requires a much different skill set. Recent initiatives have included:
- Revamping the company’s online presence with a new web content management solution
- Optimizing a co-location environment
- Consulting on virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and data backup services
- Developing cloud strategy and IT optimization plans
In the space of just two years, the global pharmaceutical company required a broad pallet of technology expertise — from a data center relocation to VDI consulting to digital services. OnX initiatives have included:
- Data center relocation: OnX uprooted hardware, wiring, cabinets and accessories, loaded them in trucks, shipped them 800 miles, reinstalled and reconfigured them — all without interrupting the company’s core IT operations.
- Web content management: OnX helped the company provide a new look and fresh content for more than a dozen of its websites.
- Co-location expertise: Working with OnX to optimize their co-located infrastructure helped the company slash its costs almost by half.
- IT consulting: OnX is keeping the company on the cutting edge of virtual desktops, data backup services, cloud strategy and IT optimization.
It’s not easy executing all these technology initiatives with a single solutions provider. Some specialize in data center infrastructure, others focus on cloud and managed services, while others still have a niche in digital services — but few have mastered all. OnX sets itself apart with thought leaders and solution architects who can deliver a rich portfolio of responsive IT services that constantly adapt to changing needs.